Friday, September 4, 2009

Old school Drawing - March 17, 2000 - "The Comox Boyz"


I was transferring some old drawings into a big storage bin this morning when I found this drawing from 9.5 years ago (wow). Anyways, I was in first year classical animation when I did this. I was working on my theme for my final project, a musical intro to a fictional sitcom entitled, "The Comox Boyz". This project was based on a group of my friends and actual events from my upbringing in the Comox Valley. When we were teenagers, 7-11 was a popular hang-out and unfortunately was the focus of our teenage angst and thievery. The aim was to distract the check-out lady while your buddies filled their pockets full of gum and candy. Years later I thought it might make a good story for my final first year animation,( which can be viewed at www.billylyle.com ). Note the tune we sang, it was an original we recorded using a Radio Shack keyboard and a small ghetto blaster in 1993. Ah, the good 'ol days.

2 comments: