Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The films of Bill LYLE

It took 9 months to create these three films. What made it even harder was the fact that I was learning 3D animation during that entire time! I started in August 2008 producing, "The Sandwich". I was pretty much a one man show until I had to start school in early September. At that point, Ashley Fester came on board to help me with a few last minute crewing positions that needed to be filled. We shot the film Sept.13 to 15, 2008. Post production went on for a while due to my lack of free time but we finished it in February 2009. In January, 2009, I started modelling and rigging all of my characters for my 3D animated film, "Monday Is My Favorite Time Of Year". While that was going on, I agreed to direct my next short film, "Snip" on Feb.20-22, 2009. That was a lot of fun and it was a real bonus only having to concentrate on directing as the film had 3 producers. When that finished it was back to school to complete, "Monday Is My Favorite Time Of Year". The word, "Animation" should really mean, "extremely labour intensive". Everyday was a whole new set of problems but with a lot of help, I overcame all of those obstacles and completed it by April 24, 2009. The last 9 months was a huge growing opportunity for me as a Director/Artist and I look forward to building on this body of work this summer. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment